Welcome to the Foster Care Council of Canada, a member-supported organization made up of former foster children advocating for improved transparency and accountability in child welfare services.
It is our Mission to involve current and former foster children and their supporters in the process of improving the transparency and accountability of child-welfare services through a strong and united voice.
What We Do
Your membership provides us with both the financial and the human resources required to fulfill our mission through engaging in the following activities;
- launching or supporting child-welfare related public awareness campaigns
- conducting child-welfare related research and reporting our findings to both the government and the public
- assisting current and former child-welfare clients in the process of acquiring access to their own personal records held by various child-welfare authorities
- providing guidance and support to current and former child-welfare clients regarding complaints procedures and criminal injuries compensation claims resulting from their time in foster care
- endorsing (publicly supporting or approving), intervening in, or initiating legal action where it is deemed necessary, appropriate, financially possible, and in the public interest
NEWS & UPDATES
Get the latest news and updates by following the links below
How You Can Support Our Work
Foster Care Discussion Board
Foster Care Radio Documentary
Keep An Eye On Our Work Updates Here
DOCUMENTARY PUTS OACAS ON DEFENSIVE